UNL Balloon Releases, President of Winnebago meets with Fauci, Joint Summit
From a pool of more than 400 publishers across the country,
Lea Cates’ “The Struggle to Change Social Studies in Nebraska” is selected.
By Chris Bowling. Posted in The reader.
Reed Moore’s Daily Rundown
Happy National Hiking Day
Hiking not only allows current events to commune with Mother Nature, it can also reduce the risk of depression: UNL Student Government Shows Unanimous Support For A Resolution To End The Dropping Of Balls On Campus And During Football Games, Omaha And Lincoln City Councils Are Hosting Joint Summit And Victoria Kitcheyan, President of the Winnebago Tribe of the Nebraska Tribal Council, leads a panel discussion with Dr. Anthony Facui and US Secretary of Health and Human Services Xavier Becerra.
Harper’s Index Today’s facts
- Percentage that more Americans believe Iran has nuclear weapons than Israel believes: 17
- What more Republicans believe this by: 37
Source: Shibley Telhami, University of Maryland (College Park)
To learn about national trends in COVID-19 cases and vaccination, Click here.
- At the 2021 White House Tribal Nations Summit, Victoria Kitcheyan ââ President of the Winnebago Tribal Council of Nebraska ââ leads a round table with Dr Anthony Facui and US Secretary of Health and Human Services Xavier Becerra. They are discussing how to fight the coronavirus in the Indian country.
- “Commitment to Action”: University of Nebraska-Lincoln announces his plan to combat racial inequalities and promote inclusiveness.
- The University of Nebraska-Lincoln student government unanimously supports a resolution to put an end to the balloon releases on campus and at football games. Balloon releases, they say, pollute the environment and harm wildlife.
- Nebraska is gearing up for the biggest intergenerational wealth transfer ââ totaling nearly $ 1 trillion ââ in the history of the state.
Reed Moore’s thing to do:
The most particular
Omaha Artists, Inc. evokes âdream landscapesâ in a group show at Hot Shops.
Article by Kent Behrens. Posted in The reader.
As the delta variant is spreading throughout the community, remember to get yourself fully immunized and mask up – even if you are completely vaxxed – beforego to cinema.
Find the content of a movie here, and consult local guides here.
The Funny Daily
Click on the image to see the full Doonesbury comic.